Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Problem with chem_opt=109 and wetscav_onoff= 1 in WRF-chem 3.9.1

Naser

Hello every one
I want to use WRF-CHEM with chem_opt=109. it shows me an error. But when I put chem_opt=108, it is working. do you know why? Do I have to turn on or off sth in namelist.input.
And when I turn on wetscav_onoff= 1 in chem_opt=108, my model does not work. But when I set wetscav_onoff= 0, it works.

Anybody knows why? and can you help me to solve this problem?
The attached file is for chem_opt=109 running. (not for wetscav_onoff= 1)
I am looking forward to your guidance.
Thanks

Attachments

• namelist.input
    9.3 KB · Views: 4
  • rsl.error.0000
    2.9 KB · Views: 1
  • rsl.out.0000
    2.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi Naser,

It is not clear from your output what went wrong. To diagnose, set debug_level in the namelist to a higher value and start turning off options (e.g., conv_tr* aer_feedback, sea salt, dust, biogenics, etc.).

wetscav_onoff =1 only works for mechanisms with cloud-borne aerosols (e.g., 109). It will not work with option 108. You can set wetscav_onoff = -1 for option 108 and other mechanisms w/out cloud-borne aerosols.

Jordan

Hello Jordan

Thank you.
I have an idea about using 109. I think it is related to my WRF-chem version. So, I want to compile the last available version on the website (I think 4). Do you agree with this idea? or not?

Thank you
Naser

Hi Naser,

It is not clear from your output what went wrong. To diagnose, set debug_level in the namelist to a higher value and start turning off options (e.g., conv_tr* aer_feedback, sea salt, dust, biogenics, etc.).

wetscav_onoff =1 only works for mechanisms with cloud-borne aerosols (e.g., 109). It will not work with option 108. You can set wetscav_onoff = -1 for option 108 and other mechanisms w/out cloud-borne aerosols.

Jordan
Hello Dear Jordan

I changed my namelist as you said. you can find rsl.error and rsl.out and namelist in the attachment.
As I searched, I could not find any errors.

if you can please guide me.

Thank you,
Naser

Attachments

• namelist.input
    9.3 KB · Views: 5
  • rsl.error.0000
    132.5 KB · Views: 1
  • rsl.out.0000
    132.7 KB · Views: 1