Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

reading new variable from the restart file

jpen

Following this thread on adding a new variable to a restart file and this thread related to corresponding changes in the source. I included 'temperature' variable in the restarts for reading only. Attached is the xml file. However, I am unable to see any difference in the results after this change. The log.atmosphere.out file show the following:
Reading streams configuration from file streams.atmosphere
Found mesh stream with filename template restart.$Y-$M-$D_$h.$m.$s.nc
Using io_type Parallel-NetCDF (CDF-5, large variable support) for mesh stream
** Attempting to bootstrap MPAS framework using stream: restart
Bootstrapping framework with mesh fields from input file 'restart.2023-02-18_12.00.00.nc'
* Requested field rainprod is deactivated due to packages, or is a scratch variable.
* Requested field evapprod is deactivated due to packages, or is a scratch variable.
* Requested field nt_c is deactivated due to packages, or is a scratch variable.
* Requested field mu_c is deactivated due to packages, or is a scratch variable.
* Requested field nca is deactivated due to packages, or is a scratch variable.
* Requested field w0avg is deactivated due to packages, or is a scratch variable.
* Requested field fh is deactivated due to packages, or is a scratch variable.
* Requested field fm is deactivated due to packages, or is a scratch variable.
* Requested field rqrcuten is deactivated due to packages, or is a scratch variable.
* Requested field rqscuten is deactivated due to packages, or is a scratch variable.
* Requested field temperature is deactivated due to packages, or is a scratch variable.
1) Is the variable 'temperature' not read?
2) As I want to only read the variable from the restarts and not write, I have not made any changes in the mpas_atm_core.F file. Is this the reason?

Attachments

• Registry.xml.txt
    164.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Temperature is deactivated because its definition in the Registry -

<var name="temperature" type="real" dimensions="nVertLevels nCells Time" units="K"
description="temperature"
packages="jedi_da"/>

include the specific packages in which it is activated. If you remove the packages statement it should be available in the diag pool and be read in.