Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Segmentation Fault in WRFDA after the First Time Step

cce_space

Good day,

I am following this tutorial on how to run WRFDA 4D-Var (Chapter 6: WRFDA) on an Ubuntu 20.04. The version I am using is 4.5.1 and the data is from 3.9, which is provided by the tutorial.

At first, I am receiving a segmentation fault error due to overflowing cfl. According to this (Segmentation Error), I need to decrease the time step, which I did. The original time step is 360 and I decreased it 30, which seemed to resolve the segmentation fault due to cfl since it is now missing in the rsl files. However, I am still receiving a segmentation fault error during/after the first time step. What could be the problem here?

Here are my namelist and rsl files, for your reference.

Thank you!

Attachments

• segfault_wrfda_4dvar.zip
    10.8 KB · Views: 4
Hello,
I encountered the same problem (wrfchem-run stopped with a persistent segmentation fault at 'calls rrtmg_lw') after WRF 3D-Var hybrid data assimilation. It seems that ETKF process made this mistake. I would like to ask if you have any tips or solutions for this error. If you are willing to provide me with some advice, I would greatly appreciate it !