Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(SOLVED) Question about install WRF-Solar

• Thread starter Deleted member 3607
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3607

So is WRF-Solar integrated into the WRF v4.4 already or does it have a seperate installation like WRF-Hydro?

Solved,

WRF-Solar package is in the WRF directory folder. It needs to be activated in the namelist.input file.

Требуется использование дополнительной таблицы.

Вот ссылка на руководство пользователя, чтобы вы могли выбирать, что вы хотите запустить.

wrf-solar esp is described here, I want to run the normal version of wrf-solar which is described here WRF-Solar® | Research Applications Laboratory
Do I understand correctly that it runs like a regular wrf, only including additional parameters in the namelist.input_solar file, and the wrf version should be used higher than 4.2?
I'm a beginner in this matter, if my question seems stupid, excuse me) I'm trying to develop on my own

wrf-solar esp is described here, I want to run the normal version of wrf-solar which is described here WRF-Solar® | Research Applications Laboratory
Do I understand correctly that it runs like a regular wrf, only including additional parameters in the namelist.input_solar file, and the wrf version should be used higher than 4.2?
I'm a beginner in this matter, if my question seems stupid, excuse me) I'm trying to develop on my own
I am away from the computer for about a week due to illness. Will try to answer when back.

@kwerner may be able to answer this until I am back.

As I understand as long as you follow the guide for the WRF-Solar you should be able to use it by adding those parameters to the namelist file.

As I understand as long as you follow the guide for the WRF-Solar you should be able to use it by adding those parameters to the namelist file.
hello,as I am concernced,is that in &diags in the namelist.input set solar_diagnostics=1 could activate the wrf_solar?

I'm a beginner in this matter, if my question seems stupid, excuse me) I'm trying to develop
wrf-solar esp is described here, I want to run the normal version of wrf-solar which is described here WRF-Solar® | Research Applications Laborator
As I understand as long as you follow the guide for the WRF-Solar you should be able to use it by adding those parameters to the namelist file