Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Standard WRF-Chem setup is not running for 2012

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

indranil

Respected Members.

I am unable to run the WRF_Chem (3.8.1) model with CAM micro-physics scheme, CLM4 land model, MAM aerosol scheme and CBMZ chemical mechanism for the year 2012.

I have successfully tested the model setup and steps of running it with the above mentioned scheme approach for 2015. The model is running very smoothly for 2015. But when I am repeating the steps for 2012 it is showing error message in the wrf.exe execution step. I have followed all the steps just same that I have done in the simulation for 2015 which results a successful simulation of WRF_Chem for 2015. The error message is mentioned below.

in rsl.error.0000

in clmdrv
varsur_alloc(): allocation error
initialize allocation error
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 163

in tail -f rsl.error.0000:

-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 163
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0
7 6 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1

Please find the attached documents which contain the rsl.error file for the real.exe, wrf.exe and my namelist setup.

Attachments

• namelist_input.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 50
  • rsl_out_0000_real_exe.txt
    6.1 MB · Views: 61
  • rsl_out_0000_wrf_exe.txt
    36.8 KB · Views: 53
Respected Members,

I have an update in my post. I have changed the "sf_surface_physics" option from 5(CLM4) to 4 (Noah land-surface mode) and "num_soil_layers" option from 10(CLM4) to 4 (Noah land-surface mode). Now WRF_Chem is running perfectly fine for 2012.

That means there might be some error in the CAM-MAM parameterization with CLM4 land model for 2012 as well as 2013 (http://forum.wrfforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5726) in WRF_Chem.