Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Tracers

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

jacques

I'm trying to run core_sw. I successfully built it but, when I try to run it, I get the error:

CRITICAL ERROR: Dimension 'nTracers' required by field 'tracers' was neither read nor defined.

I can''t find how to set nTracers but for now I would be happy to just turn tracers off if that's an option.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jacques

The MPAS shallow water model hasn't been updated or maintained for some time, and it's generally not supported. However, I think a quick work-around in this case would be to simply hard-wire the 'nTracers' dimension to a value of 1 in the Registry.xml file. In src/core_sw/Registry.xml, you can try changing the definition of the nTracers dimension to look like the following:
Code:
                <dim name="nTracers"           definition="1"/>
Then, you will need to completely clean the build of the shallow water core before recompiling.