Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WFR/CHEM for pollutant dispersion study?

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

bhbuaa

Hello,

I am trying to simulate the pollutant dispersion of shipping emissions in some time and locations of interest, such as Hong Kong. I used some dispersion models such as ADMS/AEROMOD, but these models assume steady-state results which can not be used to predict an averaged value on real-time. In addition, the simulated results dont match with measurements. Some papers showed WFR/CHEM is a good tool to predict the emission dispersion, but I have no idea about the functions or theories used in WRF/CHEM. The user guide downloaded most looks like a description of the commands and codes used in WRF/CHEM. So I would like to ask if WRF/CHEM is suitable to predict the emission dispersion in a short time scale (such as hourly)? What is the best material to learn about the theory, equations and models used in WRF/CHEM? Thank you very much.