Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Why the simulated temperature at 2 m is too low on lake and ocean

LYM

Dear everyone,

I am a new user of WRF model. Recently I compare my wrfout result with the observations and find that the simulated temperature at 2 m is too low on lake and ocean. Do you know why? Thanks very much for your advice and help!
The distribution of temperature at 2 m over the domain is as followed (this figure is at 19 UTC, about 14 pm on June 7th, 2021 and the unit is Celsius):
1696131804005.png
Please find attached files for my namelist.wps and namelist.input. Much appreciated for your help!

Best wishes,
Lingyun

Attachments

• namelist.input
    4.8 KB · Views: 3
  • namelist.wps
    1.1 KB · Views: 0
Dear everyone,

I am a new user of WRF model. Recently I compare my wrfout result with the observations and find that the simulated temperature at 2 m is too low on lake and ocean. Do you know why? Thanks very much for your advice and help!
The distribution of temperature at 2 m over the domain is as followed (this figure is at 19 UTC, about 14 pm on June 7th, 2021 and the unit is Celsius):
View attachment 10895
Please find attached files for my namelist.wps and namelist.input. Much appreciated for your help!

Best wishes,
Lingyun
What is your forcing?GFS or FNL?

What is your forcing?GFS or FNL?
Dear haiqing,

I look at the SST stored in wrflowinp_d01:
1696136502088.png
The SST on lake and ocean are low, too. But I don't know why the SST also exists on land. Do you think it is the reason why the simulated 2m temperature on lake and ocean is low? Thank you!