Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

wrf.exe ignores auxinput5_inname

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Leon Kuhn

Dear users,

when running wrf.exe, rsl.out.0000 tells me:

-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 2432
med_read_wrf_chem_emissions: error opening wrfchemi_d01_2018-05-01_00:00:00
-------------------------------------------

I have attached my namelist.input file.

From the error message above, I understand that wrf.exe should look for my anthro emissions with the name format "wrfchemi_<hr>z_d<domain>", (which are present). However, wrf.exe seems to look for anthro emissions with the name format "wrfchemi_<domain>_<date>_<hr>" instead.

Has anybody had a similar issue before? Am I overseeing a simple mistake in my namelist.input file here? Any help with this is highly appreciated :)

Many thanks and best regards!

Attachments

• namelist.input
    9.8 KB · Views: 48
Hi,

Do you have 2 - 12 hour emission files? or do you have date/time specific files for each hour. If the former, change "io_style_emissions" to = 1. If the latter, you need to rename the emission files to what it is expecting (you can use links if they are the same files, just need to name them correctly).

Jordan