Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF installation

Hi All,

Hope you guys are well! I've been trying to install WRF model in my local machine. After installation of netcdf, when i execute make check, i'm ending up in an error of the following format
make[2]:Entering directory '/home/nanda/Wrf_local/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES/netcdf-4.1.3/nf_test'
gfortran -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..-I../fortran -I../include -I../fortran -I../include -I../f90 -g
-02 -c -0 test_write.o test_write.F
test_write.F:562:49:

167 | err = nf_def_var(ncid,'abc', NF_INT, 0, 0, vid)
562 | err=nf_def_var(BAD_ID,'abc',NF_SHORT, 0, dimids, vid)
Error:Rank mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at (2)

I'm not sure if this is due to version of ubuntu (22.04.1). Any suggestions or feedback will be helpful. Kindly let me know.

Best regards,
Nanda

So there are some issues with GNU 11 (Ubuntu 22.04.1) but I cannot tell if that is the error. Could you please provide the error logs when you run this command?

Also after installing NETCDF you can run these checks which are located at the bottom. If any of them come up failed please post the error.

Hi All,

Hope you guys are well! I've been trying to install WRF model in my local machine. After installation of netcdf, when i execute make check, i'm ending up in an error of the following format
make[2]:Entering directory '/home/nanda/Wrf_local/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES/netcdf-4.1.3/nf_test'
gfortran -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..-I../fortran -I../include -I../fortran -I../include -I../f90 -g

I'm not sure if this is due to version of ubuntu (22.04.1). Any suggestions or feedback will be helpful. Kindly let me know.

Best regards,
Nanda
My guess is that it is a Fallow-argument-missmatch error

Hi All,

Best regards,
Nanda
did you get this error resolved?