Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRFDA compilation error (module_drive_constants.mod)

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

lslrsgis

Dear WRF Community,

I have met a problem when compiling WRFDA V3.9 code. After setting NETCDF, HDF5 environment variables, I tried ./configure wrfda.

./compile all_wrfvar >& compile.out

would give error as:

COMPILING da_control.f90 WITHOUT OMP
da_control.f:7:7:

use module_driver_constants, only : max_domains, max_eta, max_moves, max_bogus, &
Fatal Error: Can't open module file ‘module_driver_constants.mod’ for reading at (1): No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Any indications would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• compile.out.txt
    19.8 KB · Views: 57
It looks as though the compiler is attempting to build da_control before module_driver_constants. Have you tried building with the parallel build option turned off? This requires the following environment variable (example given for c-shell):

setenv J '-j 1'

I believe in the more recent versions of WRF, this setting can also be issued as a flag during configure.