Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRFPlus compile error

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Yuxin1991

I have successfully compiled the WPS and WRF. When I compile the WRFPlus, I encounter a problem. The version of the WRFPlus is WRFV4.0. The complier I used is ifort. I have successfully compiled the wrfplus and the wrfplus.exe is generated in the main file. When I compile the all_wrfvar, errors are reported. The first error is "da_control.f(7): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [DA_MODULE_DRIVER_CONSTANTS] use da_module_driver_constants, only : max_domains, max_eta, max_moves, max_bogus,". I have not found the DA_MODULE_DRIVER_CONSTANTS module. The detailed information is in the attachment including the configure and log file.

Attachments

• configure.wrf
    20.6 KB · Views: 61
  • wrfvar.log
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
Are you compiling 4DVAR in the WRFPLUS directory?
WRFDA and WRFPLUS should be compiled in separate directories.
tar zxvf WRFV4.0.TAR.gz
mv WRF WRFPLUS
tar zxvf WRFV4.0.TAR.gz
mv WRF WRFDA

Thanks for your help. It is this mistake that let to the compile error. I have recompiled the WRFPLUS and WRFDA separately, and all is well.