Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

error to create diffwrf in WRF/external/io_netcdf/

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

deva_wrf

hello everyone,
i am using wrf4.0
After configuration when i am compile my em_real the error found regarding diffwrf executable, which were form in this folder(WRF/external/io_netcdf/ )
when i am try to make diffwrf whie going to the specific folder then we found the provided error
the netcdf.inc is present in provided folder
please go through the Error message and give the suitable solution

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

[rescholar1@localhost io_netcdf]$ make
grep nf_format_64bit /include/netcdf.inc ;\
a=$? ; export a ; \
if [ $a -a "$WRFIO_NCD_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT" = "1" ] ; then \
/usr/local/SOFTWRF/MPICH/bin/mpicc -E -P -DWRFIO_NCD_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT -I../ioapi_share wrf_io.F90 | m4 -Uinclude -Uindex -Ulen - > wrf_io.f ; \
else \
/usr/local/SOFTWRF/MPICH/bin/mpicc -E -P -I../ioapi_share wrf_io.F90 | m4 -Uinclude -Uindex -Ulen - > wrf_io.f ; \
fi
grep: /include/netcdf.inc: No such file or directory
/usr/local/SOFTWRF/MPICH/bin/mpifort -o wrf_io.o -I/include -I../ioapi_share -c wrf_io.f
wrf_io.f(70): error #5149: Illegal character in statement label field [m]
module wrf_data
^
wrf_io.f(70): error #5149: Illegal character in statement label field [o]
module wrf_data
-^
wrf_io.f(70): error #5149: Illegal character in statement label field [d]
module wrf_data
--^
wrf_io.f(70): error #5149: Illegal character in statement label field
module wrf_data
---^
wrf_io.f(70): error #5149: Illegal character in statement label field [l]
module wrf_data
----^
cter in statement label field [t]
integer , parameter :: FATAL = 1

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Please reinstall netCDF lib, then try again. Note that netCDF must be compiled with the same compiler you are going to use to compile WRF. Below is an example (suppose you will use fortran/gcc):
Can you try to reinstall netCDF library following the steps below:
setenv DIR path_to_directory/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES
setenv CC gcc
setenv CXX g++
setenv FC gfortran
setenv FCFLAGS -m64
setenv F77 gfortran
setenv FFLAGS -m64

tar xzvf netcdf-4.1.3.tar.gz #or just .tar if no .gz present
cd netcdf-4.1.3
./configure --prefix=$DIR/netcdf --disable-dap \
--disable-netcdf-4 --disable-shared
make
make install
setenv PATH $DIR/netcdf/bin:$PATH
setenv NETCDF $DIR/netcdf

Dear sir,
During the installion of netcdf library
Why we have to use disable netcdf4 compression.
we need that for update version of netcdf files

please correct me if i were wrong

Hi,
I would first like to apologize for the long delay in response. It seems your response was overlooked. Have you been able to get past this problem and to get WRF compiled?

Hi,
Thanx for your reply, yes i compiled WRF successfully, and also able to simulate the weather phenomena, thanks a lot for your time and concern.