Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF-4.1 segmentation fault in registry.exe

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

jlerollblues

Hello,

I am trying to compile WRF-4.1in CYGWIN under Windows 10. I installed the most recent entire cygwin package and libraries all found.There are no errors/warnings until it get to registry.c where warnings about, but I have seen this before and appears not to be an issue. In my 20 years using WRF I have never seen registry.exe have a segmentation fault, but when it is invoked on this setup it does. I have configure.defaults where I added a section for CYGWIN_NT, i86_64, gfortran. Because it segmentatioon faults it does not create a complete Registry. Also subsequent modules, for example module_state_description etc do not get built. I also included the configure.wrf, compiler output, and environment.

Thanks,
Joe

Attachments

• compilelog.wrf
    884.7 KB · Views: 44
  • configure.wrf
    20.3 KB · Views: 39
  • env.wrf
    5.8 KB · Views: 40
  • confgire_defaults.wrf
    84.7 KB · Views: 52
Hi Joe,
In the past when you have compiled WRF, have you been doing this on a Windows machine? We don't really support WRF on Windows machines because there can be so many environment settings overriding others between the Windows and Linux-type environments.

Hello,

I have compiled in this environment in the past. I am at the point where I will just setup a linux only box.

Thanks,
Joe