(RESOLVED) Compile errors (Dummy argument ‘datasetname’)

All topics related to compiling WRF, including environment set-up, and library installation
pemlim

(RESOLVED) Compile errors (Dummy argument ‘datasetname’)

Post by pemlim » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:07 am

Hi! I have followed the compilation tutorials and set the environment variables. Environment and compatibility tests are successful. I am still encountering fatal errors leading to failure to build needed modules and therefore, executables. I tried the workarounds the other threads suggested including J='-j 1', doing ./clean -a, and recompiling the code but to no avail.

I am using the latest GNU compiler and libraries.

I am attaching my compile log and configure file. Please let me know how to solve the errors. Thank you very much.
Attachments
compile.log
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 15 times
configure.wrf
(20.3 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

kwerner

Re: Fatal errors during compilation of em_real

Post by kwerner » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:23 pm

Hi,
Have you made modifications to the WRF code, or is this unmodified "out-of-the-box" WRF code?
NCAR/MMM

erikalim

Post by erikalim » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:02 pm

I am the same user. I created a new account because I am getting HTTP 500 Internal Server Error and already contacted the admin about it.

I did not make any modifications to the WRF code.

erikalim

Post by erikalim » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:09 pm

I already solved the error. I used WRF4.0 with GNU10. The solution was a combination of compiler flags, revision of configure.wrf, landread.c and allotting more memory.

kwerner

Post by kwerner » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:37 pm

That is great news! I'm so glad to hear that, and I'm sorry you were having trouble with your old user name. Thank you for updating the post.
NCAR/MMM

Return to “WRF Compiling/Installation”