Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

how to determine the terrain and landuse data in moving run has been used?

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

cibaouc

there is no difference between the rsmas_data_path is set correctly or incorrectly in my moving nest work.
I have set the " export TERRAIN_AND_LANDUSE=1" in my bashrc.
I want to ask, how to check whether the terrain and landuse data in moving run has been used?

Please confirm first that during the model integration period, your nesting domain did move following the vortex. Then looking at wrfout files at different times when the nesting domains are located at different places. You should be able to see the differences in static fields.
Note that the high-resolution dataset used to update static information in the nesting domain is from USGS, and therefore in order to use this capability, your landuse data should be prepared using USGS.

cibaouc said:
there is no difference between the rsmas_data_path is set correctly or incorrectly in my moving nest work.
I have set the " export TERRAIN_AND_LANDUSE=1" in my bashrc.
I want to ask, how to check whether the terrain and landuse data in moving run has been used?

good...