Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Add new runtime variable into namelist.input

JasonWok

Hello everyone,

I'm aware this guidance at page 19 from NCAR.
The following is my addition of innermost_dt into Registry.EM_COMMON
Code:
# Domains
rconfig   real    innermost_dt            namelist,domains        1    180.      irh    "innermost_dt"           ""      ""
rconfig   integer time_step               namelist,domains    1            -1       ih   "time_step"

However, I got the attached compiling error.

All what I want to achieve is to add a simple namelist.input variable at module_sf_bep_bem.F, so that the variable can be changed in namelist.input directly and I don't need to recompile WRF everytime.

Thanks.

Attachments

• log.compile.txt
    952.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi,
I first would like to apologize for the long delay in response. We were busy preparing for our WRF tutorial and have gotten behind on forum responses.
Are you still having issues with this? If so, you will need to modify more than just the Registry file to add a new namelist variable. Take a look at this presentation, which provides examples for adding a new namelist variable. And if you need more explanation, you can also watch the recorded presentation.