Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Advance position of tropical cyclone using NCEP FNL reanalysis data

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

nrhngpt12

Hello. We have run a real data case simulation using NCEP FNL reanalysis data, but the results shows that the tropical cyclone had a 1 day advanced position when compared to the best track data. Has anyone experienced this? How were you able to solve it?

Hi,
Unfortunately our group doesn't have any experience with that occurring. One suggestion would be to use a different type of input data, or perhaps start your simulation at a different time. Perhaps someone else will see this post and be able to help.

Hello! I apologize for the late response. I attached here the namelist.wps, can you please check the file?

Attachments

• namelist.wps
    1.4 KB · Views: 10
Unfortunately the namelist isn't able to tell me why you're seeing this behavior. As I mentioned, it's likely related to the specific input data you're using.