Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Cannot open file 'wrfem_00to12z_d01' Error in convert_emiss.exe

cce_space

I was following this tutorial for WRF-Chem with volcanic ash simulations (https://ruc.noaa.gov/wrf/wrf-chem/tutorialexercises/tutorialexercises002.html), with slight modifications with the namelist.input and using WRF-Chem 4.4.2. During the conversion of the emission files from PREP-CHEM-SRC-1.5 using convert_emiss.exe, I got this error in the rsl.error.0000

Fortran runtime error: Cannot open file 'wrfem_00to12z_d01': No such file or directory

I found out that this file is generated when using US Emissions, but my domain does not include the US. How can I bypass or correct this error?

I am attaching the namelist.input and the rsl.error.0000 for your reference. If there's anymore required information, I'll be glad to provide them.

Attachments

• namelist.input
    7.4 KB · Views: 13
  • rsl.error.0000
    4.5 KB · Views: 10
Hello,

I had the same issue. Could I ask if you solve this problem? Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Di

Hello, @dx522,

I apologise for the delayed reply. May I ask for your namelist.input file? Albeit I executed 'convert_emiss.exe' with a lower version of WRF.

I was following this tutorial for WRF-Chem with volcanic ash simulations (https://ruc.noaa.gov/wrf/wrf-chem/tutorialexercises/tutorialexercises002.html), with slight modifications with the namelist.input and using WRF-Chem 4.4.2. During the conversion of the emission files from PREP-CHEM-SRC-1.5 using convert_emiss.exe, I got this error in the rsl.error.0000

Fortran runtime error: Cannot open file 'wrfem_00to12z_d01': No such file or directory

I found out that this file is generated when using US Emissions, but my domain does not include the US. How can I bypass or correct this error?

I am attaching the namelist.input and the rsl.error.0000 for your reference. If there's anymore required information, I'll be glad to provide them.
Hello

One of the problems is that the interval for all emission files should be like this:

auxinput5_interval_s = 86400,
auxinput7_interval_s = 86400,
auxinput8_interval_s = 86400,

Because all of them are daily emission files (prep-chem-src convention)

Second, you need to download all emission databases (or at least the ones you will need in your case) and put them in directories that match those in the prep-chem-src input files.

Then, after you run prep-chem-src.exe, go to the convert_emiss directory and follow the tutorial steps

Regards

Hector