Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

changing LANDUSE.TBL values

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

apattant

Hello,

I recently ttried to change values for USGS 33-cat z0 in LANDUSE.TBL. Real.exe finished without error but when running wrf.exe it clearly did not like my changes - debug mode showed it exited at lsm module on domain 1. My question is, if I change the z0 values in LANDUSE.TBL do I also need to update the table in VEGPARM.TBL for consistency? I had changed the values from the default to those used by Noah-MP in MPTABLE.TBL but since the units are different perhaps I made a mistake in converting the values.

Please see attached namelist.input and edited portion of LANDUSE.TBL.

View attachment namelist.input.newLUtable.txt

View attachment LANDUSE.TBL.edited.txt

Andre

Andre,
If you run with NoaH or RUC scheme, you need to modify VEGPARM.TBL. This is because the two schemes read surface parameters from VEGPARM.TBL.