Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

CLDFRA vs QCLOUD variables -

L Alvarez

Hi all,

I have seen that the CLDFRA variable is calculated every 60 minutes (by default?), although I have defined to save the model data is every 5 min. How can I modify the namelist.input to achieve this goal? Or I have to modify the code and recompile...

Regarding QCLOUD variable, the result compared to CLDFRA is very very different... with CLDFRA it shows a multicellular storm structure and QCLOUD just a few small cumulus clouds... How can I solve it?..

Thanks in advance.

Best,
L Alvarez

Attachments

• namelist.input
    4.1 KB · Views: 3
Hi all,

Is there anyone who can provide support or know how to modify this variable (CLDFRA) so that it calculates each interval that the model saves?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
L Alvarez

CLDFRA is calculated in radiation driver. Therefore, it is updated at the time of radiation calculation, which is determined by the namelist option radt. If you want to have this variable at every time step, you will need to set radt equal to time step. However, we won't recommend doing so because radiation schemes are computationally expensive.