Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

CMIP6 Geopotential Height

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

awadaX

Hi, I want to drive the WRF with some model data from CMIP6, but the geopotential height in the 3D variable only has 6 hours resolution data in a few models, can I use the daily bit height data instead? ? How should this be handled if possible? I am very confused about this issue. Looking forward to someone replying, thanks a lot

Hi,
I am not very familiar with CMIP6 data. What is the format of the daily bit height data? What is the temporal resolution of the remaining variables?

kwerner said:
Hi,
I am not very familiar with CMIP6 data. What is the format of the daily bit height data? What is the temporal resolution of the remaining variables?
Hi, I am very sorry for replying to you after a few days, the daily bit height file is in NC format, the details are in this TXT file, the remaining 3D variables are all 6 hours resolution, and most of the 2D variables are daily resolution , a few have 6 hours resolution, thank you very much for your reply.

Attachments

• Daily Geopotential Height File Information.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 23
Thank you for that information. You can certainly use two different data sources. There are directions for doing this in this section of our Users' Guide.

To use netcdf data, however, you'll need to first write the files to intermediate format (the format expected by the metgrid program). There is information about that process in the same chapter of the Users' Guide . Also see this forum post with some example scripts for doing so.

kwerner said:
Thank you for that information. You can certainly use two different data sources. There are directions for doing this in this section of our Users' Guide.

To use netcdf data, however, you'll need to first write the files to intermediate format (the format expected by the metgrid program). There is information about that process in the same chapter of the Users' Guide . Also see this forum post with some example scripts for doing so.
:D Thank you for your reply, I will study this chapter seriously