Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Compile Error in WRFV4.4

Qidi

I am trying to compile em_real and em_b_wave, but it didn't work for me, no executable files.
Could anybody help me out?

Attachments

• compile.log
    822 KB · Views: 4
Hi,
The first error in your log file is
Code:
Catastrophic error: could not set locale "" to allow processing of multibyte characters

make[4]: [get_region_center.o] Error 4 (ignored)

This indicates something going wrong with the intel compiler, I believe. Did you make any modifications to the code before compiling, or are you using a pristine/clean version of the code? If you aren't sure, can you obtain the latest version of the code again, and then recompile again. When you compile, use the following syntax:
./compile em_real -j 1 >& compile.log

This will force the code to compile on a single processor, and when if it fails again, we will know that the first error in the compile log is actually the culprit. If it fails again, please send your new compile log, as well as your configure.wrf file. Thanks!

Hi,
The first error in your log file is
Code:
Catastrophic error: could not set locale "" to allow processing of multibyte characters

make[4]: [get_region_center.o] Error 4 (ignored)

This indicates something going wrong with the intel compiler, I believe. Did you make any modifications to the code before compiling, or are you using a pristine/clean version of the code? If you aren't sure, can you obtain the latest version of the code again, and then recompile again. When you compile, use the following syntax:
./compile em_real -j 1 >& compile.log

This will force the code to compile on a single processor, and when if it fails again, we will know that the first error in the compile log is actually the culprit. If it fails again, please send your new compile log, as well as your configure.wrf file. Thanks!
Thank you so much for your reply.

I re-downloaded the latest updated version (WRFV4.4.1), and recompiled it, but it failed again. The compile log, and configure.wrf files are attached.

Attachments

• compile.log
    848.2 KB · Views: 3
  • configure.wrf.txt
    23.4 KB · Views: 2
That is great news, and thank you for letting us know what fixed the issue. Hopefully it will help someone else in the future.