Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

compile error

guilherme

Hi!
I tried to compile WRF-4.0.1 but not create the .exe files correctly. In the 'compile.log' came some errors like:
/libfftpack.a: No such file or directory
/-lwrfio_nf: No such file or directory...

Attachments

• compile.log
    857.4 KB · Views: 6
The specific errors causing the problem are the first ones you encounter (when searching for 'Error' with a capital 'E'). These are the errors in your compile log:

Code:
wrf_io.f:1517:36:

1517 |   CALL ext_ncd_open_for_read_begin( DatasetName, Comm1, Comm2, SysDepInfo, DataHandle, Status )
Error: Dummy argument ‘datasetname’ with INTENT(IN) in variable definition context (actual argument to INTENT = OUT/INOUT) at (1)
wrf_io.f:7543:58:

3196 |       stat = NF_PUT_ATT_INT (DH%NCID,NF_GLOBAL,Element,NF_INT,Count,Data)
 7543 |     stat = NF_PUT_ATT_INT(NCID,VarID,'FieldType',NF_INT,1,FieldType)
Error: Rank mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at (2) (rank-1 and scalar)

This is a known problem in WRF versions prior to 4.4.1, when using specific GNU compiler versions. Please either compile a newer version of WRF (the latest - v4.5.1 - is recommended), or take a look at this code commit that fixed the issue.

I updated the version to 4.5.1 and it still didn't create the .exe files correctly.
Updated compile.log file attached.

Attachments

• compile.log
    925.6 KB · Views: 3
Hi,
The most recent compile log you sent does not include any "Error" messages (note that is 'Error,' with a capital 'E'). Can you try again, making sure to use the ">&" syntax in the compile command to ensure the standard error and output get directed to the compile log? Issue the following

./clean -a
./configure
./compile em_real >& compile.log

Please attach the new compile.log and configure.wrf after that. Thanks!

Hi,
I follow your suggestions and am attaching the necessary files. I already tried changing the configure.wrf file by including "-DLANDREAD_STUB' in the recommended line.

Attachments

• compile.log
    925.2 KB · Views: 1
  • configure.wrf.txt
    20.8 KB · Views: 1
Apologies for the delay in response.

Unfortunately there are still no errors in your compile log. Are you certain that you used the ">&" syntax when issuing the compile command? Can you try one more time and this time also attach a screen shot of your command line when you issue the compile command? Thanks!

Hi,
I compiled it again and the result is the same. It still didn't create the .exe files correctly.
I'm using Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS. Thanks!

Attachments

• compile.log
    752.2 KB · Views: 7
  • screen_shot.png
    screen_shot.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 6
  • screen_shot2.png
    screen_shot2.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 6
Hi,
I compiled it again and the result is the same. It still didn't create the .exe files correctly.
I think I've seen this error before,
Has something to do with the modules not being properly linked.

After running the installation. Run the compile again.

Something like this

clean -a
./configure
./compile em_real >& compile1.log
./compile em_real >& compile2.log

If it creates executables after the second time please upload both log files

Hi,
I finally figured out the reason my search for "Error" wasn't successful - because much of your compile log is written in Portuguese (I think). Is it possible for you to produce a compile log in English so that I can try to understand the error messages better? Thanks!

Hi,
I finally managed to install WRF correctly, the modules had not been connected correctly previously. The problem now is when I try to run WPS. When I run 'metgrid' the following error appears:
Processing domain 1 of 1
Processing 2023-10-01_00
FILE
ERROR: The mandatory field TT was not found in any input data.
Abort(21903) on node 0 (rank 0 in comm 0): application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 21903) - process 0

I'm using ERA5 data.
Vtable.ECMWF

Attachments

• ungrib.log
    54.2 KB · Views: 0
  • metgrid.log
    13.6 KB · Views: 1
I finally managed to install WRF correctly, the modules had not been connected correctly previously. The problem now is when I try to run WPS. When I run 'metgrid' the following error appears:

I'm so glad to hear you were able to get WRF installed. Do you mind updating this post with the issue and how it was solved?

As for your new problem, since it's a different issue, please open a new thread to ask the question. This helps to keep topics separate, which makes it easier for searching and reading for others. Thanks!

I'm so glad to hear you were able to get WRF installed. Do you mind updating this post with the issue and how it was solved?

As for your new problem, since it's a different issue, please open a new thread to ask the question. This helps to keep topics separate, which makes it easier for searching and reading for others. Thanks!
I added "export PATH=$DIR/mpich/bin:$PATH" in .bash directory and solved the issue.
Thanks for support!