Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Compile WRF but no wrf.exe or real_nm.exe

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

greent12

I am trying to Compile WRF for eventual use in HWRF. The compilation seems to finish with no errors, and I can't find any errors in the build log. However, the wrf and real_nmm executables aren't being created in the WRF/main directory.

I am using the WRF package contained in the newest HWRF 4.0 release. This is my first time trying to compile WRF so anything will help. I've attached the build log and the configure file.

-Tyler

Attachments

• configure.wrf
    22.9 KB · Views: 61
  • build.log
    821.9 KB · Views: 60
Please send email to hwrf-help@ucar.edu for questions related to HWRF. We no longer support WRF-NMM dynamic core.

Tyler...

Look for "undefined" in your "build.log" file. That's the reason for the build falure.

The problem is PNETCDF. It isn't configure right in "configure.wrf". You have a
"-DPNETCDF_QUILT=1" on the ENVCOMPDEFS line, but you don't have a

-DPNETCDF \

line in the ARCHFLAGS section.

There may be an error in the HWF package.

For standard WRF, I set the environmental variable PNETCDF_QUILT to 1 before
configuring.

Be aware that if you are really using PNETCDF and will be using "ready" files, it is possible
the code may be bad. I've fixed it for the standard WRF.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your response. I did not set the environmental variable for parallel netcdf. I did that and the build generated the two executables. Thanks for your help!

-Tyler