Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Compiling WRF em_real on Derecho

jamesrup

Can anyone comment on what my problem might be when I try to compile em_real on Derecho? I haven't had problems doing this on Cheyenne but am running into issues on Derecho. I'll also note that I checked out configure.wrf in /glade/work/wrfhelp/derecho_pre_compiled_code/wrfv4.5.1 and mine looks almost identical (mine is attached).

My module call:

module purge
module load ncarenv/23.06
module load intel/2023.0.0
module load ncarcompilers/1.0.0
module load craype/2.7.20
module load cray-mpich/8.1.25
module load netcdf/4.9.2

Configure option #50, with no moving nest.

I'm using the latest version of WRF cloned from Github. The current error I'm getting from the bottom of my compile write-out (compile.out.txt, attached) is this:

ftn -o module_cumulus_driver.o -c -ip -O3 -w -ftz -fno-alias -align all -FR -convert big_endian -I../dyn_em -I/glade/work/ruppert/tctor/WRF/external/esmf_time_f90 -I/glade/work/ruppert/tctor/WRF/main -I/glade/work/ruppert/tctor/WRF/external/io_netcdf -I/glade/work/ruppert/tctor/WRF/external/io_int -I/glade/work/ruppert/tctor/WRF/frame -I/glade/work/ruppert/tctor/WRF/share -I/glade/work/ruppert/tctor/WRF/phys -I/glade/work/ruppert/tctor/WRF/wrftladj -I/glade/work/ruppert/tctor/WRF/chem -I/glade/work/ruppert/tctor/WRF/inc -I/glade/u/apps/derecho/23.06/spack/opt/spack/netcdf/4.9.2/oneapi/2023.0.0/iijr/include -real-size `expr 8 \* 4` -i4 module_cumulus_driver.f90
make[3]: *** Deleting file 'module_sf_clm.o'
make[3]: [../configure.wrf:370: module_sf_clm.o] Hangup (ignored)
make[1]: [Makefile:1027: physics] Hangup (ignored)
make[2]: [Makefile:240: physics] Hangup (ignored)
make: *** [Makefile:110: wrf] Hangup

Attachments

• compile.out.txt
    780.6 KB · Views: 5
  • configure.wrf.txt
    20.9 KB · Views: 9
Please load the modules below:
module load ncarenv/23.06

module load intel-classic/2023.0.0

module load ncarcompilers/1.0.0

module load cray-mpich/8.1.25

module load craype/2.7.20

module load netcdf-mpi/4.9.2

module load netcdf/4.9.2

Then choose the option 50 after ./configure

Hope this is helpful for you.

Thanks for these suggestions! It worked, compiled successfully!

Although without the last module you listed: netcdf/4.9.2
That module failed to load, with the below message. I assume that's not a problem, since hdf5-mpi uploads with netcdf-mpi. Do you agree?

Lmod has detected the following error: Cannot load module "hdf5/1.12.2" because these module(s) are
loaded:
hdf5-mpi

While processing the following module(s):
Module fullname Module Filename
--------------- ---------------
hdf5/1.12.2 /glade/u/apps/derecho/modules/23.06/oneapi/2023.0.0/hdf5/1.12.2.lua
netcdf/4.9.2 /glade/u/apps/derecho/modules/23.06/oneapi/2023.0.0/netcdf/4.9.2.lua