Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

configure and Use WRF Single-Column Model (SCM)

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Hi everybody,
I hope you are doing well.
I would like to configure and run WRF single-column model (SCM). That would be nice if someone posts step-by-step (!) of doing this or kindly mentions a helpful reference about it.
Any helps would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Ehsan

Ehsan,
The steps to build and run the SCM are pretty similar to any other WRF simulation. I recommend following the steps found here for building everything. Once it's built, there should be a README file in the test/em_scm_xy directory with additional information.

Dear Kwerner,
Thank you so much for your kind reply.
How could I prepare initial conditions (force_ideal.nc)? It seems default force_ideal.nc file is for the default dates (10/22/1999).
I'll be thankful if I hear from you.
Sincerely,
Ehsan

Ehsan,
Currently the SCM forcing code is only written to work for the specific date given, and we do not currently have the resources to make modifications. If you wanted to use a different date, unfortunately you would need to figure out how to write the code to do so. I apologize I can't provide more information for you.