Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Convert geotiff to Georgid Format

MyAtmosphere

Having trouble installing GDAL and "convert_geotiff". Is there another way to convert .tiff files to georgic format? Maybe an online tool?

I also tried this and failed as well. I tried both versions: 1) the new one ./convert_geotiff.sh and 2) the older one convert_geotiff.

I also tried this and failed as well. I tried both versions: 1) the new one ./convert_geotiff.sh and 2) the older one convert_geotiff.
I was able to do it using a software called GIS4WRF. Look at the Documentation section - you should be able to add your data as a "Layer" then click to convert from Tiff to binary. Hope that helps.

Hi again
Finally I managed to convert the GLO30 topographic data from GeoTiff to Geogrid using convert_geotiff and now I am running WRF. However, when I tried to use it on the CORINE land use I got a problem: "unknown projection". I was wondering if anyone can help with this. I want to insist on using the convert_geotiff command before I go and seek a new solution like (GIS4WRF). Thank you