Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Empty wrfouts when using boundary conditions

janac4

Hello,
I have been trying to run WRF model with input data from CFS global model. I use both PGBF and FLXF files to have all the variables needed and use Vtable.CFSR. My model runs without error but when I look at the wrfouts something is wrong. WRF outputs results every hour and boundary conditions are 6-hourly. As seen in the attached photo, the first 6 wrfouts are correct, but when it's time to add boundary data, something fails. All the next wrfouts include "Nan" as data, as seen in their size.
Since I don't have any errors, I don't know what is wrong.
I have attached one metgrid output file in case it is helpful to see if there are some missing variables and also namelist.input file.
Hope someone can see the problem, thanks a lot
Jana.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 11
  • met_em.d01.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 3
  • namelist.input
    5.7 KB · Views: 15
First, pleas take a look all all your RSL files. There should exist error messages that tell what is wrong.
Second, can you look at your wrfbdy_d01, and check whether the data look reasonable?

First, pleas take a look all all your RSL files. There should exist error messages that tell what is wrong.
Second, can you look at your wrfbdy_d01, and check whether the data look reasonable?
Hello Ming Chen,
There aren't any error messages in wrf output, simulation ends without error. Wrfbdy file seems fine, but there are many variables I'm not familiar with. Is there any specific thing I should look for?

Sorry for bothering,
I found that it was due to time step. At some points the model needed lower time steps to solve the variables.
The problem was solved when using adaptive time step.
Thanks for your help.