Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error encounted in LATLON_TO_IJ: You have not called map_set for this projection

Mingling

I intended to use bogus before real initialization. But I encountered this error.

You have not called map_set for this projection
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 614
LATLON_TO_IJ

My question is :
(1)Whether 'bogus' is not compatible for 'lat-lon' projection?
(2) How can I resolve this problem?
Looking forward to the reply!

This is my set in namelist.wps:
dx = 0.0809516,
dy = 0.0809516,
map_proj = 'lat-lon',
ref_lat = 27,
ref_lon = 132,
pole_lat = 63,
pole_lon = 180.0,
stand_lon = -132,

And my set for tc.exe:
&tc
insert_bogus_storm = .true.,
remove_storm = .false.,
latc_loc = 27.25,
lonc_loc = 141.0,
vmax_meters_per_second = 70.0,
rmax = 33000.0,
vmax_ratio = 0.9,
/

Attachments

• 1682499122832.png
    1682499122832.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 4
Mingling,

TC bogus doesn't support the map project of lat-lon, this is why you get the error message.
Unfortunately WRF has stopped development and will be gradually freezing out.Thus we no loner support any new development including the lat-lon projection for TC-Bogus. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

Last edited:
Hello, I am getting a similar error when I try to run for the Ideal case with Windfarm_opt on, I have the necessary files for windfarm parametrization, but the problem is that I can't see my namelist.wps, excuse my knowledge, does Ideal case has namelist.wps?Screenshot 2023-08-01 103056.png

No, ideal case doesn't involve WPS. After you compile an ideal case, you will produce ideal.exe and wrf.exe. you can then run ideal.exe to produce initial condition for WRF, then run wrf.exe.
Also, I don't think the wind farm option works for ideal cases.
Please redesign your experiment.

Hello, I am getting a similar error when I try to run for the wrf.exe with Windfarm_opt on, my namelist.input and the necessary files for windfarm parametrization are as follows. I don't know why, could you help me with this problem, thanks.

error
1696235131927.png
namelist.input
1696235174248.png
1696235197060.png
1696235234360.png

1696235253693.png

windturbines.txt
1696235299595.png

wind-turbine-1.tbl

Hello, I am getting a similar error when I try to run for the Ideal case with Windfarm_opt on, I have the necessary files for windfarm parametrization, but the problem is that I can't see my namelist.wps, excuse my knowledge, does Ideal case has namelist.wps?View attachment 10138
have you dealt with it? I meet the same situation

Please take a look at the code: phys/module_wind_fitch.F, in which you can find the following piece of code:

!#if (EM_CORE == 1)
! ! Cassini (global ARW)
! ELSE IF (config_flags%map_proj == PROJ_CASSINI) THEN
! CALL map_set(PROJ_CASSINI, ts_proj, &
! latinc = grid%dy*360.0/(2.0*EARTH_RADIUS_M*PI), &
! loninc = grid%dx*360.0/(2.0*EARTH_RADIUS_M*PI), &
! lat1 = known_lat, &
! lon1 = known_lon, &
! lat0 = config_flags%pole_lat, &
! lon0 = config_flags%pole_lon, &
! knowni = 1., &
! knownj = 1., &
! stdlon = config_flags%stand_lon)
!#endif

In older version of WRF, PROJ_CASSINI is not available for regional WRF run and the above codes are commented out. I believe that this map projection is available in the release of WRFV4 and newer versions. Can you add the above piece of code back to WRF and try again?

Please take a look at the code: phys/module_wind_fitch.F, in which you can find the following piece of code:

!#if (EM_CORE == 1)
! ! Cassini (global ARW)
! ELSE IF (config_flags%map_proj == PROJ_CASSINI) THEN
! CALL map_set(PROJ_CASSINI, ts_proj, &
! latinc = grid%dy*360.0/(2.0*EARTH_RADIUS_M*PI), &
! loninc = grid%dx*360.0/(2.0*EARTH_RADIUS_M*PI), &
! lat1 = known_lat, &
! lon1 = known_lon, &
! lat0 = config_flags%pole_lat, &
! lon0 = config_flags%pole_lon, &
! knowni = 1., &
! knownj = 1., &
! stdlon = config_flags%stand_lon)
!#endif

In older version of WRF, PROJ_CASSINI is not available for regional WRF run and the above codes are commented out. I believe that this map projection is available in the release of WRFV4 and newer versions. Can you add the above piece of code back to WRF and try again?
Thanks for your reply. You are right. The fitch scheme don't support LAT-LON proj in WRF4.0. I have ran sucessfully by other proj. I will attach them in phys/module_wind_fitch.F for a try. Thanks.

Please keep me updated about results of the lat-on run with Fitch scheme. We didn't do such test before. Thanks in advance.

Please keep me updated about results of the lat-on run with Fitch scheme. We didn't do such test before. Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the later reply. I have tried it but failed when I compiled the WRF. Maybe the version doesn't match. I used the WRF 4.0. Specific mistake has attached in the following file. Thank you.