Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

error in compiling em_real

jiwon

I'm a new student of WRF and was following the site below.

It goes fine up to the configure step, but then when I proceed to compile, I get an error and it terminates shortly after running.

I've attached the build_log file, what could be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• wrf_logs.zip
    50.2 KB · Views: 2
It looks like you may have forgotten to attach the compile log. Can you attach that, as well as your configure.wrf file? Thanks!

This is the line in your build log that's right above the first error:

Code:
/usr/local/mpi/intel21/mpich-3.4.1/bin/mpif90: line 386: ifort: command not found

It looks like you may be trying to use a version of MPI that was potentially built with an Intel/ifort compiler, but you are using a gfortran/GNU/gcc compiler to build WRF. You need to make sure that the MPI you use is built by the same compiler (and version of that compiler) as you're using to build the model.

This is the line in your build log that's right above the first error:

Code:
/usr/local/mpi/intel21/mpich-3.4.1/bin/mpif90: line 386: ifort: command not found

It looks like you may be trying to use a version of MPI that was potentially built with an Intel/ifort compiler, but you are using a gfortran/GNU/gcc compiler to build WRF. You need to make sure that the MPI you use is built by the same compiler (and version of that compiler) as you're using to build the model.
thank you it works.
i changed my mpi module to another.