Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

error in make prep_chem_sources (version 1.5)

dbp

To whom it may concern,

I get in touch in order to get some assistance for my WRF-CHEM compilation. I found this email address in a topic inside the forum WRF model coupled to Chemistry (WRF-Chem):
Running Prep-chem-src problems
and I would really appreciate your help. My final intention is to simulate methane emissions, so I would be interested in knowing the best configuration of prep_chem for that purpose.

The state I'm at is the following:
    with no errors. (see attached files)
            wget https://support.hdfgroup.org/ftp/HDF5/releases/hdf5-1.10/hdf5-1.10.4/src/hdf5-1.10.4.tar.gz
    • tar xf hdf5-1.10.4.tar.gz
      cd hdf5-1.10.4/
      ./configure —prefix=${DIR}/hdf5-1.10.4 —enable-fortran —with-zlib=${DIR}/grib2 —disable-netcdf
      make
      make install
  • then, download prep_chem_sources from: ftp://aftp.fsl.noaa.gov/divisions/taq/global_emissions
    Use of version 1.5
  • modify the proper file: include.mk.gfortran.wrf (attached, with extension .txt)
  • and: make OPT=gfortran.wrf CHEM=RADM_WRF_FIM AER=SIMPLE
  • I get the following error (complete output in file attached prepchem.log):

"""
    841 | 'AGRICULTURE',&| 1Error: Different CHARACTER lengths (11/6) in array constructor at (1)edgar_emissions.f90:894:61:894 | filename=trim(edgar_data_dir)//"/"//trim(PREFIX)//trim(setor(isetor))//trim(suffix)| 1Error: Function ‘setor’ at (1) has no IMPLICIT typeedgar_emissions.f90:916:16:916 | if(trim(setor(isetor)) .eq. 'AGRICULTURE' .and. trim(spc_name(ispc)) .ne. 'NH3') cycle| 1Error: Function ‘setor’ at (1) has no IMPLICIT typeedgar_emissions.f90:923:30:923 | print*,trim(setor(isetor))," ",trim(dsetname),i, " MAX ",maxval(src_dummy:),:,i))| 1Error: Function ‘setor’ at (1) has no IMPLICIT typeedgar_emissions.f90:924:30:924 | print*,trim(setor(isetor))," ",trim(dsetname),i, " MIN ",minval(src_dummy:),:,i))| 1Error: Function ‘setor’ at (1) has no IMPLICIT typemake: *** [depend_prepsrc.mk:480: edgar_emissions.o] Error 1
    """

I thank you in advance for taking time in reading my questions and I hope you find time also to reply.
Best wishes,
Diego

Attachments

• compile.log
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • emcompile.log
    48 KB · Views: 1
  • prepchem.log
    27.8 KB · Views: 1
  • include.mk.gfortran.wrf.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 7
hello, i got similar errors, kindly help us as possible as soon...

..........................................................................................
errors :
..........................................................................................

edgar_emissions.f90:841:15:

841 | 'AGRICULTURE',&
Error: Different CHARACTER lengths (11/6) in array constructor at (1)
edgar_emissions.f90:894:61:

894 | filename=trim(edgar_data_dir)//"/"//trim(PREFIX)//trim(setor(isetor))//trim(suffix)
Error: Function ‘setor’ at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
edgar_emissions.f90:916:16:

916 | if(trim(setor(isetor)) .eq. 'AGRICULTURE' .and. trim(spc_name(ispc)) .ne. 'NH3') cycle
edgar_emissions.f90:923:30:

923 | print*,trim(setor(isetor))," ",trim(dsetname),i, " MAX ",maxval(src_dummy:),:,i))
edgar_emissions.f90:924:30:

924 | print*,trim(setor(isetor))," ",trim(dsetname),i, " MIN ",minval(src_dummy:),:,i))
make: *** [depend_prepsrc.mk:480: edgar_emissions.o] Error 1

Hi all,

after personal communication with atende.cptec@inpe.br, (http://brams.cptec.inpe.br/)

I was suggested to try the following:
"Please, change file PREP-CHEM-SRC-1.5/src/edgar_emissions.f90 to file
edgar_emissions.f90 at attachment" (attached file), which worked.

The version for gfortran I'm using is: 9.4.0

Thanks for the help,

Attachments

• edgar_emissions.f90.txt
    30.3 KB · Views: 40
Hello

I am trying to install the prep-chem_sources 1.5 with the version for gfortran 9.4.0

I have the same error mentioned by @patelviral1195 , I have tried what @dbp suggests but it keeps showing me the same error

Has anyone been able to solve it in another way?

cp -f ../../src/edgar_emissions.f90 edgar_emissions.f90
gfortran -c -Xpreprocessor -DRADM_WRF_FIM -O2 -fconvert=big-endian -frecord-marker=4 -I../../aux_src/utils/include -I/home/luis/Build_WRF-SFIRE/Library/include -I/home/luis/Build_WRF-SFIRE/Library/include edgar_emissions.f90
edgar_emissions.f90:841:15:

841 | 'AGRICULTURE',&
Error: Different CHARACTER lengths (11/6) in array constructor at (1)
edgar_emissions.f90:894:61:

894 | filename=trim(edgar_data_dir)//"/"//trim(PREFIX)//trim(setor(isetor))//trim(suffix)
edgar_emissions.f90:916:16:

916 | if(trim(setor(isetor)) .eq. 'AGRICULTURE' .and. trim(spc_name(ispc)) .ne. 'NH3') cycle
edgar_emissions.f90:923:30:

923 | print*,trim(setor(isetor))," ",trim(dsetname),i, " MAX ",maxval(src_dummy:),:,i))
edgar_emissions.f90:924:30:

924 | print*,trim(setor(isetor))," ",trim(dsetname),i, " MIN ",minval(src_dummy:),:,i))
make: *** [depend_prepsrc.mk:480: edgar_emissions.o] Error 1

Last edited: