Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

error in real.exe with nested domains

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

marianfrias

Hello!
Probably is a stupid error but i'm quite a noob with wrf, so thank you very much.
I'am using a nested domain and in the wrf tutorial it is said that you just need the first met_d02 because the boundary conditions for nested domain come from the course domain. If I run metgrid till the end and link all the met_d02 to the /run it;s okey, but i don't understand why i can't do the same just with the first met_d02 as the tutorial says.
Thank you very much
Kind regards.

Okey I just find out that if i put sst_update at 0 this works, but i need sst_update so what can I do? How can i have both things?

If you are using sst_update, then you will need to have met_em.d02* files for every time, so you will need to run metgrid.exe again, using the full date range for d02 to create all of those files.