Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error in running "./real.exe" command in WRF-4.5.1

june_jomes

Hello , I was encountering an error in running the "./real.exe" command in my terminal and the error is

starting wrf task 0 of 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
with errorcode 1.
NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
exactly when Open MPI kills them.

When i try to look at the rsl.error and rsl.out files, they both show or state the same error regarding the namelists which was I have no idea what to do since I am new to WRF and been only following an online guide from "ARW Online Tutorial" in running WRF. When I turned off and on my laptop (or more like restart), i run the "./real.exe" command again but this time the error was different which says

starting wrf task 0 of 1
[jhcwrf-VirtualBox:01597] [[36556,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Data unpack had inadequate space in file ../../../orte/util/show_help.c at line 513

I am using WRF-4.5.1 within a Virtual machine using Linux - Ubuntu OS-22.04. Can someone help me out? I already attached the files regarding the first error below for reference, for the second error I have no idea what to do with it. It would be highly appreciated to hear back with regards to this matter.
Thank You in Advance...

Attachments

• rsl.out.0000
    396 bytes · Views: 0
  • rsl.error.0000
    433 bytes · Views: 1
  • namelist.input
    2.9 KB · Views: 1
  • namelist.wps
    634 bytes · Views: 0
Hi,
The error messages states:

Code:
  ------ ERROR while reading namelist domains ------
Maybe here?:      p_top_requested                     = 5000,
Maybe here?:      nnum_metgrid_levels = 32
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE:  <stdin>  LINE:   11575
ERRORS while reading one or more namelists from namelist.input.

This indicates something is incorrect in your namelist.input file (typically a misspelled word, missing comma, a namelist parameter that doesn't belong in that section, or adding additional columns when the model only expects a single entry for that field). Above, it shows where the error may be. The issue is that you have

Code:
nnum_metgrid_levels = 32

and it is misspelled. There should only be a single 'n' at the beginning.

Hi, @kwerner your suggestion is what I did first after I reviewed the rsl files.

However, this issue is actually already resolved, and I'll just share what I did to resolve all the errors.

The MPI and ORTE error was resolved by directly copying all of the met_em.d01.nc files into the directory you are currently working on. The problem is that the command provided in the manual didn't link the met_em.d01.nc files into the em_real directory. This only happen to my case but for other laptops, I used the linking successfully through the command in the manual.

In this case, mine is the em_real directory which contains the real.exe file. After that, I was able to run the real.exe and wrf.exe creating the files I needed in making a graphical representation of the data.

Again, thank you.