Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error in running wrf.exe

Dear sir/madam,
I tried to run a simulation on the nested domain. I am using ERA-5 as input data for initialization. Till real.exe, I didn't encounter any issues. While running wrf.exe, even I didn't find the error. I kindly request you to see the input and boundary conditions and suggest me a way to resolve this issue. Herewith I have attached the rsl.error, rsl.out, namelist.input for your kind perusal.
Thank you
Naveen T K

Attachments

• namelist.input
    2.9 KB · Views: 14
  • rsl.error.0000
    7.3 KB · Views: 13
  • rsl.out.0000
    7.2 KB · Views: 6
Evening,

Since the moderators are most likely on holiday still I will try to give some ideas.

Looking at this website (granted it is a wiki page so take it for what it is)

Looks like you are missing some inputs in your namelist file for WRF and most likely WPS (since you didn't attach it I am assuming)

Take a look at the link and see if that solves the issue.

Hi,

I take a look at your rsl files and namelist.input. A few issues here:

(1) in your namelist.input, I could see that mp_physics = 4, 4, 4, but rsl.error.0000 indicates that :
"The microphysics option does not exist: mp_physics = -1". Please confirm that the namelist file is the one used to run this case.

(2) some options are not consistent in your namelist.input. You set
io_form_auxinput4 = 2,
auxinput4_inname = "wrflowinp_d<domain>"
auxinput4_interval = 360, 360, 360,
but you set
sst_update = 0. Please either delete the above three options, or change sst_update = 1

(3) The following options are not correct:
sf_urban_physics = 0, 0, 1,
sf_lake_physics = 0, 0, 1,

Note that physics options must be the same for all domains.

Dear sir,
Thanks for the response.
I have modified the namelist.input file. Now, I am getting other error as "Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference". Herewith I have attached the rsl.error.0000 file and namelist.input for your perusal. I kindly request you to look into it and let me know if I need to make any changes.
Thank you
Naveen T K

Attachments

• namelist.input
    2.9 KB · Views: 13
  • rsl.error.0000
    8.1 KB · Views: 6
Are you able to run this case over a single domain i.e., max_dom =1 ? Please try and let me know whether ti works. if it works, it indicates that your input data is fine.

Then you can try to run a nested case. In your namelist.input, please set
input_from_file = .true., .true.,

Also, note that some options need ybe specified for all domains, including diff_opt, km_opt.

Last edited: