Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

ERROR: LANDUSE OUTSIDE RANGE

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

mgorris

I am running WRF Chem (though this seems to be a non-chem problem) with WRF version 3.9.1. I am using 12 km, 6-hourly NAM data as input (https://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/data/namanl/). The following error happens when I run ./wrf.exe:

-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 1375
ERROR: LANDUSE OUTSIDE RANGE = 128 AT 40 13 LUN= 33
-------------------------------------------
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0

---------------
My met_em* files have NUM_LAND_CAT = 21 and my namelist.input has NUM_LAND_CAT = 21.

I attached my namelist.input and full rsl.error.0000 file for reference. Any insight on tackling this error would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and help!

View attachment rsl.error.0000.txt
View attachment namelist.input

Hi,
Can you also attach your namelist.wps and the first time period of your met_em.d0* files for each domain so that I can take a look at those?

Thanks!

Thank you for sending those. You're not doing any type of landuse modification, or using any outside landuse data or anything like that, correct?

Hi,
Okay, can you issue these commands on your wrfinput_d0* files:
Code:
ncdump -v LU_INDEX -f f -b f wrfinput_d01 | grep '//' | sort -n | tail >& d01.txt
ncdump -v LU_INDEX -f f -b f wrfinput_d02 | grep '//' | sort -n | tail >& d02.txt
ncdump -v LU_INDEX -f f -b f wrfinput_d03 | grep '//' | sort -n | tail >& d03.txt

and then attach those 3 new *.txt files? Thanks!