Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

error while loading shared libraries during real.exe

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

edougherty

Hi, I am having trouble running real.exe, as every time I try to run it, it immediately fails with the following error message:

Code:
mpiexec_mpt: error while loading shared libraries: libxmpi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have had this issue before and made things work by using the following modules:
intel/18.0.5
mpt/2.21

However, now this work around doesn't work. For reference, I am using the precompiled WRF4.2.2.

For reference, here is my job submission script for real.exe:
Code:
#/bin/bash

### Project name
#PBS -A P54048000

### Job name
#PBS -N real

### Wallclock time
#PBS -l walltime=00:30:00

### Queue
#PBS -q regular

### Merge output and error files
#PBS -j oe                    

### Select 2 nodes with 36 CPUs, for 72 MPI processes 
#PBS -l select=2:ncpus=36:mpiprocs=36  

mpiexec_mpt ./real.exe

I think you may need to add the directory containing the 'libxmpi.so' file to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

Are you working in cheyenne? if so, please try the command below:

module load mpt/2.22

If it doesn't work, I would suggest that you copy the source codes and compile it by yourself.