Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error while running wrf.exe forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

juelun

Dear,
I am running WRF ARW V3.9.1.
While running WRF.exe I am getting this error
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred

Attachments

• namelist.input
    5.4 KB · Views: 33
  • rsl.error.rar
    7.5 KB · Views: 30
  • rsl.out.rar
    7.3 KB · Views: 33
We cannot process .rar file.
Please look at your rsl file, and find other possible error messages. If you simply tell us 'segmentation fault', that gives us no hint what is wrong.

By the way, did this case fail immediately after wrf.exe started? Or it failed after a while of integration?

You only send us two rsl files. And there is no helpful information in these two files except that they tell:

forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred

Note that error messages may appear in any rsl files and don't necessarily be in rsl.out.0000 and rsl.error.0000.

Please check all your rsl files, find errors such as CFL, NaN, etc. You may also look at your wrfout files saved right before the model crash, and see whether the physics variables are reasonable.

Read the output file,here is an error
Code:
STOP Error_in_finding_100_hPa_up
Troubles finding level  100 above ground.
What is the meaning of level 100?

Attachments

• wrfout_d05_2018-07-17_18_00_00.txt
    222.5 MB · Views: 35
The problem is solved after correcting URBPARM.TBL. While I can't find a message mentioned the problem of URBPARM.TBL in WRF.

Would you please clarify how you modify the URBPARAM.TBL? I am curious why this TBL file could lead to model crash with that weird error message. Thanks.