Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Exit code 174

jk2011

Hi, I've been running a 1km fitch parametrization set up successfully one day at a time on a cluster. However, for some specific dates I keep getting this error: srun: error: NODE: task 1: Exited with exit code 174. I ran it twice and it stops on around the same hour (15). Apologies if this is vague but any suggestions are appreciated.

Would you please send me your namelist.input to take a look?
Did the case crash immediately or it failed after some time of integration?
What other error message can you find in you rsl files?

I'm also having operational issues and the problem is shown below
1. I set up triple nesting,and after adding the Fitch,the wrf.exe can only run the d01,without d02 and d03
2.View the file showing the problem in the screenshot
3.See the setfile.pdf for detailed settings

YKHSO`[)QUG$~HP1{_]8HM9.png

Attachments

• setfile.pdf
    64 KB · Views: 3
Hi, I've been running a 1km fitch parametrization set up successfully one day at a time on a cluster. However, for some specific dates I keep getting this error: srun: error: NODE: task 1: Exited with exit code 174. I ran it twice and it stops on around the same hour (15). Apologies if this is vague but any suggestions are appreciated.
Is it showing like forrtl:error(174)?

Hi,
Your namelist options look fine. I don't have an immediate answer why the case failed. Probably you can try to debug possible issues by running the debug mode, i.e., recompile WRF with the option ./configure -D, then rerun the case. The log file will tell when and where the model first crashes. That could give you some hints what is wrong.