Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

fail to recompile WRF

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

sekluzia

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to recompile the WRF in serial mode, but the executables are not building. Please find attached my log.compile and configure.wrf files.

Best regards,
Artur

Attachments

• log.compile
    788.1 KB · Views: 63
  • configure.wrf
    20.4 KB · Views: 48
Artur...

Your logs show WRF 3.9. Unfortunately, it will say that for WRF 3.9.1 and WRF 3.9.1.1.

I'll guess that you are running WRF 3.9. The offending file is phys/module_cu_g3.F.

I know that the WRF 3.9.1.1 version of this file works fine, as I helped someone a while back using
GFORTRAN that had the identical problem. Using the 3.9.1.1 version fixed things.

Please use the code I attach in this email to replace the one you have in WRFV3.9. Then try again.
Please let me know if you still have the problem in compiling.

Attachments

• module_cu_g3_random_seed_fix.F.gz
    33.7 KB · Views: 53
Dear Ming,

I still have the problem in compiling. Please find attached my log.compile file.

Attachments

• log.compile
    778.6 KB · Views: 53
Dear Ming,

Thanks a lot, your file works. The file you attached contains improper expressions like "./._module_cu_g3." and "null" symbols in the beginning and the end. I deleted those erroneous parts and successfully compiled the WRF. Thanks!

Artur