Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Fatal error when compiling WRF-V4.2.1

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Haoran

Hi, i'm a student from Shanghai Jiaotong University, and i'm compiling WRF 4.2.1 on our HPC

I've successfully installed zlib, MPICH, NetCDF-C & Fortran, libpng and jasper via the online tutorial by using gnu compiler 11.2.
The source code of WRF 4.2.1 was obtained through GitHub without any modifications.

The options of WRF 4.2.1 configuration went to 34 (gnu dmpar) and 1 (basic nesting). Configuration was successful and it returned "This build of WRF will use NETCDF4 with HDF5 compression".
I've also passed System Environment Tests and Library Compatibility Tests (https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/compilation_tutorial.php) with the libraries installed.

However, when i tried to compile WRF with 3d real time option, i encountered several fatal errors and couldn't create the executables. It seemed to have problems with generating some ".mod" module files and also the high version problems of GCC that yielded 'rank mismatch'.

I attached compile.log and configure.wrf documents below.
View attachment configure.wrf
View attachment compile.log
I'd appreciate very much if you could provide any suggestions!
Sincerely,
Haoran