Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

finding variable names

tharundola

Hello and good day!
Can someone please help me in finding different wrfout variables like RAIN_LAMB, ACINTS, CF3, DNW

Are you looking for the definitions of these variables? If they exist, you can check in the Registry/Registry.EM_COMMON file. Otherwise, you can search for the variable in the code (for e.g.,)
Git:
grep -i acints */*.F
and then look in the files in which they are found to see if there is any descriptive information (or you can access them based on the calculations).

Reactions: A R
As I stated in the post above, you can find some descriptions in Registry/Registry.EM_COMMON, and others may be in the specific files (e.g., phys/module_*). You'll need to search for the variable to find it in the code, if you aren't finding what you need in the registry file.

I tried kwerner's suggestion in my wrf version 4.5, and got the description of one of your variables in the registry.noahmp while finding something else
Thank you for your response. I am looking for descriptions and use those variables. where shell we get those?
In your WRF directory go to Registry directory and try using:

grep -i acints registry.noahmp

If this works, maybe you can find the other variables among those files too!