Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

getting very high contrast values over land areas adjoining to the coast except from initial time step

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

srinivasmet

Hi friends,
I have run WRF model with GFS data to generate real time operational forecast over Indian region. But from the output what I understand that is, model producing very high contrast values for most of the parameters like temperature, fluxes etc. over land areas adjoining to the coast except from initial time step. For experimental purpose I have run WRF model with FNL data for the same period, where I don't have this issue.
can anyone please suggest me why it is happening and how can resolve this issue. Here with I am send near surface air temperature images for your reference.Thanks in advance

with best regards from
Srinivas

Attachments

• 1-t2-wrf.jpg
    1-t2-wrf.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 490
  • 2-t2-wrf.jpg
    2-t2-wrf.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 490
  • 3-t2-wrf.jpg
    3-t2-wrf.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 490