Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Green fraction dataset

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

gabriel_bromley

Can anyone point me to the source files for the green fraction dataset? I am looking for the original geotiffs NOT the binary data that geogrid uses. What years are the old greenfraction for vs the (presumably) new green fraction? I know the older one was based on AVHRR and was perhaps based on 1986-1990. What about the new one?

Thanks,

Gabe

Hi Gabe,
Our group here at NCAR does not have these original files. All of the landuse data we have has been handed down to us from outside groups over many years, so we don't have a lot of information about it. By the time we get it, it is already in the binary format that we provide. Hopefully someone else will see this and perhaps have an idea of where to point you.