Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Green Roof Settings

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

kareed

Hi,

I am attempting to simulate green roofs in an urban area, and I had a question regarding settings within URBPARM.TBL. For IRI_SCHEME, is there a way to only have irrigation of the green roofs? The description of IRI_SCHEME states "Urban irrigation scheme, for vegetation in urban area and green roof". From my recent simulations, it seems that irrigation of urban vegetation along with green roofs may be providing too much moisture in the urban area.

Thanks,
Kyle

Hi,
I have moved this to the WRF Physics topic because it is related to physics. I'll ask around to see if anyone knows if and how this can be modified to do what you're wanting to do.

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that I sent an email to someone from the urban development group. I'm still waiting on a response from them. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.