Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Grib2 file or date problem, stopping in edition_num (Vtable.TCRP)

xshan2

Hello everyone,

when I try to run "ungrib.exe" I faced an error:
1661874096323.png

My objective is to get the meteo estimation for the whole year of 1940. To do so I downloaded the data from here: CEDA Archive Web Browser

For the Vtable I used Vtable.TCRP

I did this before I ran

1661874455079.png

can anyone help me please?

thank you!

Hi,
I have a few concerns:
(1) Vtable.TCRP is created for Twentieth Century Global Reanalysis Version 2 from NOAA.
(2) What are the data you downloaded from CEDA website? What makes you think you can use Vtable.TCRP to ungrib data from CEDA?
(3) what are the format of the data from CEDA?

Hi,
I have a few concerns:
(1) Vtable.TCRP is created for Twentieth Century Global Reanalysis Version 2 from NOAA.
(2) What are the data you downloaded from CEDA website? What makes you think you can use Vtable.TCRP to ungrib data from CEDA?
(3) what are the format of the data from CEDA?
Hello Thank you for your help.

The reason I believe it's a Vtable.TCRP since once you clicked to the web I gave, you should see it's marked as "NOAA-CIRES Twentieth Century Reanalysis Project: 56 ensemble member run output for 1936-1940 in GRIB format, Version II"

that's also why the reaseon I use Vtable.TCRP to ungrib data (but I could be wrong, not sure about this)
1661903320964.png

and the format of the data is like this:

1661903520236.png

you can see them once you click on the web.

thank you

Can you let me know the format of these data, i.e., GRIB1 or GRIB 2?
If these data are in GRIB2 format, then it makes sense that you get the error message of "Grib 2 file ...."
The Vatble is created for grib1 data.

Can you let me know the format of these data, i.e., GRIB1 or GRIB 2?
If these data are in GRIB2 format, then it makes sense that you get the error message of "Grib 2 file ...."
The Vatble is created for grib1 data.
hello, I think the data it's GRIB1 format.
So could you tell me which Vtable should I use here please?

Last edited: