Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

HELP PLEASE wrf-python

Isabel

Hello, I'm following along this tutorial (
) to visualice and create maps with the wrf outputs I got, but my wrf file is located in a cluster (xula) and I'm getting this error: FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/mnt/lustre/home/XXXX/WRF_2_THERMAL/run/wrfout_d04_2022-07-09_00:00:00' when using Jupiter notebook and netCDF4 (Dataset) to open it.
I understand that this is happening because the wrf output file isn't in the computer (it is in the cluster path) but how can I still use the file in this case?
It is very important please help
Thanks

You will have to have the file on the system where you are trying to run this. Is there a way for you to transfer the file to that system?

I'm getting this error: FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:

By opening a file with the name "filename.ext" using the open() function, you are using a relative path to indicate that the file is located in the current working directory.

file = open('filename.ext') //relative path

In the code snippet above, only the name of the file is provided to the open() function, which is a relative path. If the file with the given name is not present in the working directory, it will raise a "FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory" error. In such cases, using the exact or absolute path to the file can resolve the issue.

file = open(r'C:\path\to\your\filename.ext') //absolute path

The above code uses an absolute path, which contains all the information needed to locate the file, including the root directory and any subdirectories.

If the user does not provide the full path to the file (which, on Unix systems, must start with a slash), the file path in Python is interpreted relative to the current working directory. By default, the current working directory is the directory from which you started the Python program. However, in order for this to work, the directory that contains the Python executable must be included in the system's PATH environment variable, which specifies directories that are automatically searched for executables when a command is entered. Regardless, if your Python script and input file are located in different directories, you must either specify a relative path between them or use an absolute path for one of them.