Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

How to add liquid and ice cloud water path into the WRF output

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

paganelle76

Hello,

I use WRF 4.2 and wonder if it is possible to add Total Cloud Liquid Water and Ice Water Path (LWP and IWP) into the WRF output file?

Thank you.

Hi,
It should be possible to add, but this will be something you'll need to do in the code. I have some code from a user from several years ago that attempted to add cloud liquid water path to the module_ra_cam_support.F file. I'll attach that code that was added, but keep in mind that this was done many years ago, so the code may have changed significantly since then, and we never got confirmation as to whether this worked in the end, and it may be a different scheme than you're using. However, it could potentially be helpful to use it as a guide. You may also find some useful information here, and you can use existing files to follow as guidance for how/where to add things.

Attachments

• clwp.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 131