Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

How to add variable (liquid water path, LWP) to wrfout or compute LWP by myself ?

leaf

Hi !
Now, I want to use LWP to analyse something, but how to add it to wrfout or provide algorithm that can compute LWP by myself?
Thank you, sincerely!

please clarify what LWP is.
Liquid water path (LWP) is one of the most important variables for modeling the atmosphere. LWP is measure of the weight of the liquid water droplets in the atmosphere above a unit surface area on the earth, given in units of kg m−2 (AMS Glossary). It is critical for understanding radiative transfer.
I want to know the area of modelling fog, however, the QCLOUD in single level can't accurately represent the area of fog because the range of fog in every level is different, and LWP can represent the range of fog effectively.
For example, the following image:
1681138875830.png
1681138917103.png

LWP can be diagnosed based on variables in wrfout (qrain, cloud). The formula is :
{\displaystyle LWP=\int _{0}^{p=p_{0}}r_{L}dp/g}

r is mixing ratio of liquid water, p is pressure.

Hi !
Now, I want to use LWP to analyse something, but how to add it to wrfout or provide algorithm that can compute LWP by myself?
Thank you, sincerely!
Hi Leaf,

Could you calculate the LWP? I am also struggling to calculate LWP!!! I appreciate any advise.