Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

How to calculate radiation from WRF output file

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

ensiyeh

Hi

I want to calculate radiation, but I don't have it in my WRF output file. Could you help me, please?
Thank you

what radiation variables do you want to calculate? what radiation scheme did you use in your run?

Hi

Thank you. I want to calculate the impact of aerosol on radiation. I think there are shortwave and longwave radiations. I used these options:(RRTMG Shortwave and Longwave Schemes)
ra_lw_physics = 4,
ra_sw_physics = 4,

Thank you

There are many radiative variables are output for rrtmg short-wave and long-wave schemes. For example, acswupt,acswuptc,acswdnt,acswdntc,acswupb,acswupbc,acswdnb,acswdnbc, etc. for short-wave and
acswupt,acswuptc,acswdnt,acswdntc,acswupb,acswupbc,acswdnb,acswdnbc etc. for long-wave.
Can you check whether these variables meet your need?